Getting to Tarragona and DEQ
The Chemical Engineering Department (DEQ) is located at:
Universitat Rovira i Virgili
Av. dels Països Catalans 26
Tarragona 43007, Catalonia
You can use this Google maps link to get driving or walking directions from wherever you are.
The nearest airports are the Barcelona-Reus Airport, which has connections only to Madrid, London, Dublin and Frankfurt, and the International Barcelona Airport, which has extensive international connections.
There are regular shuttle services from both Airports to Tarragona (companies PLANA and ALSA). The bus lines will leave you at the Bus Station in the Plaça Imperial Tarraco in the centre of Tarragona, from where you can easily get to DEQ (by regular bus service, lines 4, 14, 24 and 46).
An alternative from the Barcelona International Airport is to take a train to Barcelona Sants and, from there, a second train to Tarragona. In general, this is slightly slower than the bus, but trains run more frequently than buses (see train schedules). From the Tarragona Train Station you can get to DEQ.
Driving from Barcelona or València
If you are driving from Barcelona or València by the E-15/AP-7 tollway:
- Take exit 33 (Tarragona / N-240).
- After 2.6km, exit right toward Sant Pere i Sant Pau / Universitat Rovira i Virgili.
- At the roundabout, take the third exit toward Sant Pere i Sant Pau / Universitat Rovira i Virgili.
- Go under the bridge.
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Av. dels Països Catalans.
- Continue straight for 400m to ETSEQ.